Everything you need to know about Australia visa
is a country that maintains a universal visa regime, and it means all foreign
nationals need a visa to enter the country legally. Citizens of the United
Kingdom can obtain an e-visa or regular visa to visit Australia.
It should be
noted that e-visas are available to UK citizens who are planning to visit
Australia for tourism and business-related activities.
find below the visa types offered by Australia to citizens of the United
- Australia tourist e-visa
- Australia business e-visa
- Australia regular tourist visa
- Australia regular business
- Australia transit visa
- Australia working holiday visa
down to know more about different types of Australia visas.
Australia tourist e-visa
If you are a UK citizen who wishes to visit Australia for tourist purposes, you can opt for an e-tourist visa. These e-visas are basically electronic travel authorizations, and it allows you to obtain a visa from the comfort of your home.
All the steps in the visa application procedure can be completed online, and there is no need to visit the Australian embassy. The e-visa application procedure will usually take less than 15 minutes, and it allows the traveler to save a lot of time too.
Please find below the necessary documents that are needed to obtain an Australia tourist e-visa.
- The traveler should have a passport that is valid for six months, and it should have a minimum of one blank page. If your passport is not valid for six months, then please renew it before applying for an e-visa.
- Should submit a digital copy of passport photograph.
- Should complete the e-visa application form correctly. In case of any queries, you can contact Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.
Note: Please note that the validity of an Australian tourist e-visa is one year, and it means that the visitor should enter the country within this time period. It should be noted that the visa will be automatically get invalid if your passport gets expired during the one-year period.
Using this electronic travel authorization, a foreign national can stay in Australia for a maximum period of 90 days per entry. Travelers should also note that these e-visas offer multiple entry privilege.
Foreign nationals can stay in Australia using the e-visa beyond the visa validity date, but they are not allowed to stay in the country for more than 90 days per entry.
Using these tourist e-visas, UK citizens are not allowed to work in the country, and if found violating the rules, the foreign national will face severe legal consequences.
It should be also noted that foreign nationals applying for an electronic travel authorization should not have any criminal convictions. People who are suffering from tuberculosis are also not allowed to apply for an e-visa.
Australia business e-visa
Australia offers e-visas for UK citizens who wish to visit the country for business-related operations and commercial trading activities. Just like tourist e-visas, electronic travel authorization for business travel can be also obtained online.
Please find below the necessary documents to obtain an Australia business e-visa.
- The passport of the applicant should have a minimum validity of six months. It should also have two blank pages for visa stamping.
- Digital copy of photograph should be provided.
- The visa processing fee can be paid either through credit card, debit card or Paypal.
Upon submission of the e-visa application, Australian authorities will thoroughly check your application, and will send you the electronic travel authorization via email. After getting the e-visa on mail, the traveler should take a printout of this electronic travel authorization and should carry it during the trip. Once you land on the Australian entry port, you should show this e-visa to the immigration authorities. After checking your electronic travel authorization, they will grand you the permission to enter Australia.
Special note: Obtaining an e-visa does not guarantee your entry into Australia. If the immigration authorities find your entry affecting the country’s national interest or security, they will deny your entry.
Important information: If the UK citizen is above the age of 75, he or she should apply for a regular business or tourist visa for visiting Australia, as they are not entitled to get e-visas.
If the applicant has spent 28 days or more in countries like Afghanistan, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia or Syria, on or after 5 May 2014, he or she should provide a vaccination certificate stating that vaccination against polio has been taken.
Australia regular tourist visa
Australia regular tourist visas can be applied via the Australian embassy in the United Kingdom. Regular Australian tourist visas offer both single and multiple entry privilege for foreign nationals, and the visa validity will range up to one year.
Please find below the necessary documents required to obtain an Australian regular tourist visa.
- The applicant should submit his password which has a minimum validity of six months beyond entry date. The applicant should also make sure that the passport has at least one blank page.
- The applicant should submit proof of residency. Copy of applicant’s mortgage or tenancy agreement can be used as the proof of residency.
- The traveler should submit a color passport sized photograph taken within the last three months. The photograph’s background should be white, and it should provide the complete frontal view of head with face centered in the middle.
- The applicant should provide a proof of employment from his or her UK employer. The employment letter should be written in the company’s letterhead, and it should provide all the details of the applicant including his name, designation in the company, date of travel, purpose of visit etc.
- The traveler should provide proof of financial means. A bank statement showing a minimum credit balance of £1,000, issued within the last one month can be used as a proof of sufficient funds.
- The applicant should submit proofs of travel and accommodation arrangements. Hotel booking confirmation status can be used as proof of accommodation, while onward/return flight ticket booking confirmation can be used as proof of travel.
- The UK citizen visiting Australia should also provide a proof of insurance.
- If you want to get an Australia regular tourist visa, you should also provide proof of travel history. As a proof of travel history, the applicant can submit all the used pages of the passport, including pages from an expired passport.
- The foreign national should complete and sign the supplementary 956 form.
- The visa application form should be filled legibly and without any errors. In case of any queries, the applicant can contact Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.
Note 01: Applicants who are aged above 75 should undergo an additional health risk assessment test.
Note 02: Applicants who want to enter Australia multiple times should produce a bank statement that shows a minimum credit balance of £3,000.
Note 03: Very similar to e-visas, applicants who have spent 28 days or more in countries like Afghanistan, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia or Syria, on or after 5 May 2014, should provide a vaccination certificate stating that vaccination against polio has been taken.
Australia regular business visa
Foreign nationals including citizens of the United Kingdom who plans to visit Australia for business related operations can apply for regular business visas. These visas should be applied via the Australian embassy.
You can also avail the service of reputed travel agencies like Visa Genie, and we will assist you to get a regular business visa in a hassle-free manner.
Please find below the documents that should be submitted to obtain an Australian regular business visa.
- The passport of the applicant should be submitted, and it should have a minimum validity of six months. The passport should also have one blank page for visa stamping purpose.
- A photograph taken within the last three months should be submitted. Please make sure that the photograph is taken in a white background. In the photograph, the applicant should maintain a neutral facial expression.
- The applicant should submit a business introduction letter from his or her UK company.
- It is also necessary to submit a letter of invitation from the Australian host company. This letter should be written on the company’s official letterhead, and it should be addressed to the consulate. The invitation letter should also provide various details of the applicant that includes his or her name and purpose of the journey. This letter should also bear the sign and stamp of the inviting company.
- The applicant should submit proof of insurance. It should be noted that the policy should be valid throughout the duration of the trip.
- The applicant should provide onward/return tickets as the proof of travel. He or she can submit the hotel room booking confirmation as a proof of accommodation.
- It is also necessary to provide a proof of travel history. In order to show the proof of travel, the applicant can send color copies of his used passport pages.
- The applicant should properly fill, sign and submit the supplementary 956 form.
- Polio vaccination certificate should be submitted if the applicant has spent 28 days or longer in Afghanistan, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Israel, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia or Syria on or after 5 May 2014.
- It is also necessary to submit a medical certificate.
- The visa application form should be filled legibly without any errors. For any kind of assistance, you can contact Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.
Australia Transit Visa
All UK citizens are visa exempt for eight hours if they are transiting through Australia. In order to stay in the Australian transit area, the applicant should meet the below-mentioned criteria.
- Should have a valid passport and one blank page.
- The foreign national should have proof of sufficient funds.
- The traveler should hold proof of onward/return tickets.
- The traveler should also have all the documents required for the next destination.
- He or she should hold a visa required for the next destination.
Note: If the applicant is not meeting the above-mentioned criteria, he or she should apply for a visa to enter Australia.
Things to take care while transiting through Australia
- If a foreign national is transiting at Cairns (CNS) or Sydney (SYD) airport, he or she should arrive and depart on the same calendar day.
- If transiting at Adelaide airport (ADL), the traveler should arrive and depart at the same aircraft.
- It should be noted that transit facility is not available at Gold Coast airport (OOL).
- While transiting in Australia, you should confirm with the airline that boarding is possible without a visa, as these conditions may change without any prior notice.
Australia working/holiday visa
Citizens of the United Kingdom can apply for a working holiday visa, as the country is included in the Australian working holiday program. The validity of a working holiday visa is 365 days, and it allows a foreign national to work inside the country.
In order to get a working holiday visa, the foreign national should submit the below-mentioned documents.
- The passport that is going to be submitted should have six months validity and one blank page for any markings.
- Passport sized photographs with a white background should be submitted. While submitting these photographs, make sure that it is taken within the last three months. It is also necessary to print the name of the applicant on the backside of the photograph.
- The applicant should submit the birth certificate.
- In case, if your name has been changed recently, you should submit a certified evidence of name change.
- The foreign national should submit evidence of sufficient funds. In order to prove your financial health, you can provide a bank statement that shows a minimum of AUD 5000.
- If you have served the military in your career, you should submit copies of discharge.
- It is also necessary to provide copy of round-trip flight tickets.
- If you have an old passport, please submit it.
For more details regarding Australia working/holiday visa, please contact Visa Genie.