Everything You Need To Know About
Belgium is located in the Schengen area, citizens of the United Kingdom do not
need a visa to enter the country.
All British nationals can enter Belgium
without a visa for business and tourism-related activities, and can stay inside
the country for unlimited number of days.
However, while visiting Belgium, UK
citizens should make sure that they are carrying a valid passport or a valid national
though UK citizens do not need a visa to enter Belgium, foreign nationals from
countries like India, China, Russia, Philippines etc need a visa to visit
It should be also noted that all foreign nationals except the citizens
of countries included in the European Union, who reside in the United Kingdom also
require a visa to enter Belgium.
order to visit Belgium, all foreign nationals should book an appointment to the
TLScontact Visa Application Centre.
the requirements of the traveler, authorities in Belgium have classified their
visas into several types. Please scroll down to know more about different types
of Belgium visas.
Belgium tourist visa
All foreign nationals who intend to visit Belgium for tourist-related activities can apply for a Belgium tourist visa.
These visas are exclusively for tourist activities, and using these travel documents, a foreign national is not supposed to engage in any kinds of employment within the country.
If authorities nab you for working inside Belgium illegally, you will face strict legal consequences.
Please find below the necessary documents that are required to obtain a Belgium tourist visa.
- The applicant should submit his or her original signed passport. Please make sure that the passport has a minimum validity of six months, and two blank pages. If your passport has a validity of less than six months, it is highly recommended to renew it before applying for a Belgium tourist visa.
- In order to get a Belgium tourist visa, the applicant should also submit two passport-sized photographs. The photograph that is going to be submitted should be less than three months old, and it should be taken in a white background. The photograph should provide the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head, and the face should be centered in the middle. The traveler should also make sure that he or she is maintaining a neutral facial expression in the photograph. The submitted photograph should be of very high quality, and there should be no ink marks or creases in it.
- The foreign national residing in the United Kingdom should provide the proof of status. As a proof of status, the applicant can either submit his or her ILR card, or other proof of residence status. The foreign national should assure that the proof of status is valid for more than six months after returning from Belgium.
- It is necessary to submit the copy of itinerary, and it should detail the exact dates of travel. Please note that the number of entries granted to a foreign national will be based on the itinerary.
- The applicant should submit last three month’s copy of bank statement as a proof of sufficient funds. Please note that the final balance in the bank statement should not be less than £500.
- It is also necessary to submit proof of hotel room bookings. The copy of confirmed hotel room reservation should include the name of the foreign national, name of the hotel, address and the duration of stay.
- The foreign national should submit a letter from his or her employer, and it should state that a leave has been granted for the traveler, and he or she will return to the current job after the trip. Please note that this employment letter should be addressed to the Belgium High Commission. If the traveler is self-employed, he or she can submit a copy of business license or tax return. Retired travelers who plan to visit Belgium can submit the proof of retirement funds.
- The travel insurance of the applicant should be submitted. The applicant should make sure that the travel insurance must be issued in the United Kingdom, and it should show the name of the applicant. The travel insurance should provide coverage throughout the complete Schengen area territory.
- The applicant should fill the visa application form without any errors. If you face any difficulties while filling the visa application form, you can seek the help of Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.
Note: Belgium tourist visas offer both single and multiple entry privileges to foreign nationals. The validity of these visas is valid for three months, and using these visas, travelers can stay in the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry. After submitting the visa application, foreign nationals will get their visas within 7 to 14 working days.
Belgium business visa
Foreign nationals residing in the United Kingdom can apply for business visas if they are planning to visit the country for business-related operations or commercial trading activities.
In order to get a Belgium visa, foreign nationals should initially book an appointment to the TLScontact Visa Application Centre.
Please find below the necessary documents that should be submitted to obtain a Belgium business visa.
- The foreign national should submit the original, signed passport which has at least six months validity. It should be noted that the passport should also have two blank pages for markings.
- Two passport-sized photographs should be submitted, and it should be taken within the last three months. The photograph should have a white background, and it should be printed in high quality paper. It should be also noted that there should be no ink marks or creases in the photograph.
- Foreign nationals residing in the United Kingdom should submit the ILR card or other proof of resident status in the UK.
- It is necessary to submit the itinerary to get a Belgium business visa.
- The applicant should submit the proof of accommodation. As a proof of accommodation, the applicant can submit room booking reservation details.
- The traveler should submit last three months bank statement, and it should show a minimum balance of £600.
- An original letter from the employer should be submitted, and it should assure that the company has granted a leave, and the traveler will return to work after the trip. The employment letter should be addressed to the Belgium High Commission. If the traveler is self-employed, he or she can submit a copy of business license or tax return. If the applicant is retired, proof of retirement funds can be submitted.
- A business invitation letter from the host company in Belgium should be submitted. The business letter should detail the nature and purpose of the trip, and the company in Belgium should also guarantee the financial responsibility of the traveler. It should be noted that this signed business letter should not be older than one month and it should be addressed to the Consulate of Belgium.
- It is necessary to submit the copy of travel insurance. It should be noted that the travel insurance should be issued in the United Kingdom, and it should cover the travel across the Schengen areas.
- The visa application form should be completed without any kind of errors. There are several previous cases where Belgium visas were denied to foreign nationals due to errors in visa application forms. So, make sure that you are filling it very carefully.
Note: The validity of a Belgium business visa is three months, and the maximum days a person can stay in the country per entry is 90 days. The foreign national can select both single and multiple entry visas as per his or her requirements.
In usual cases, authorities will review your application, and will send the Belgium visas within 7-14 business days after visiting the TLScontact Visa Application Centre.
Belgium visas for spouse and family members
If you have your family member or spouse residing in Belgium, you can apply for spouse and family member visa.
In order to get these visas, the applicant should book an appointment with the TLScontact Visa Application Centre. You can contact Visa Genie for any assistance regarding booking an appointment with TLScontact Visa Application Centre.
Please find below the documents that should be submitted to get this visa.
- The passport of the applicant which has a minimum of a six months validity should be submitted. The applicant should also ensure that the passport has at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
- The applicant should submit a passport-sized photograph taken in white background within the last three months. In the photograph, the foreign national should maintain a neutral facial expression.
- The applicant should submit the proof of residency in the United Kingdom or ILR card.
- If planning to stay with spouse in Belgium, the applicant should submit the marriage certificate.
- The applicant should submit last three months bank statement, and it should have a minimum balance of £500.
- It is necessary to submit an employment letter. The employment letter should assure that the foreign national will return to motherland and will rejoin the work after the Belgium trip.
- The applicant should submit proof of travel insurance that covers the trip throughout the Schengen area.
Note: Minors should submit a birth certificate, along with an authorization letter signed by both the parents. It is also necessary to submit the passport of both the parents.
Belgium medical visas
In order to get a Belgium medical visa, the foreign national should submit all the documents that are required to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from these usual documents, the applicant should also submit the documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit a local medical report from an official healthcare provider from the applicant’s homeland.
- The applicant should submit a medical attestation from a hospital or doctor in Belgium. The medical attestation should confirm the date of your appointment, and should also detail about your current medical condition.
- You should submit the payment receipt.
- Foreign nationals should also provide proof of sufficient funds to pay the medical expenses during their stay in Belgium.