Everything you need to know about a Fiji visa
Fiji entry visa is not required for British citizens planning to stay in the
country for a maximum period of up to four months.
All you need is a United
Kingdom passport (with a minimum of six months remaining validity from the
entry date in Fiji) and an onward or return ticket, accompanied by a visa
allowing you entry into the next destination on your itinerary.
Visitors traveling for business purposes are allowed a stay of 14 days after
arrival, which can be extended upon entering the nation’s borders. You can
enter Fiji on yachts through Suva, Lautoka, Savusavu, and Levuka. If you plan
to land on other ports like Nadi or Denarau, you have to obtain prior approval
from Fijian authorities.
Other visa types for UK nationals
As we already mentioned before, you do not need a visa for short-term tourism or business-related travel. But if your visit is for a longer duration or involves other activities, you might need a visa.
The major visa types offered by the Fiji High Commission in London are as follows:
- Student visa
- Medical visa
- TWP visa
All visa applications can be made either through post or in person. For postal applications, you need to email your documents to:
Fiji High Commission
34 Hyde Park Gate
London SW7 5DN
For personal applications, you have to book an appointment first by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call during the visa hours: 09:30 hrs - 12.30 hrs from Monday to Friday.
Multiple-entry student visas, which are valid for one year or three years, require the following list of documents:
- A completed and signed student visa application form
- An original British passport, valid for at least six months and containing a minimum of one blank visa page
- Two recent passport-size photos
- Certified copies of the biodata pages of your passport
- A certificate of good conduct or a police report from your nearest, local police station
- A copy of the birth certificate
- Comprehensive health certificate, certified by a recognized medical practitioner
- Evidence of enrollment at the educational institute in Fiji
- If you are applying for a student permit, you will additionally need a request letter, a sponsorship letter (for sponsored students), financial statement (for applicants self-funding their education), consent letter from parents accompanied by a letter of undertaking from the local guardian or local sponsor (for primary and secondary school students)
A multiple-entry medical visa is valid for up to six months. To apply for one, you will need:
- A filled-out application form, passport, photographs, and passport copy - the specifications for which are already described under the student visa section
- Proof of finances to support your stay period in Fiji
- A letter from the medical institute in Fiji, stating that healthcare is required in the particular facility for the applicant
A temporary work permit arrives in multiple entries and is valid for up to three years. The required documents are:
- Application form, passport, photos, passport copy, police report, and health certificate, as described under the student visa section
- An employment contract, in original and signed by both the employer in Fiji and the applicant
- A copy of the primary qualification certificate
- A copy of the applicant's marriage certificate (if required)
- For a work permit, you will also need to attach a clip of the ad describing the job opening in Fiji, name of the local understudy or counterpart in Fiji, exact specifications of the training program, a certificate addressed to and approved by the Director of Immigration that the applicant is well-versed in English
Entry requirements for foreigners
Nationals who do not belong to the list of visa-exempt countries under Fiji’s entry policy and who reside in the UK might need a visitor visa to enter the country. The documents required to lodge an application for a visit visa are as follows:
- A completely filled and signed visa application form
- Two recent, colored passport-sized photos, with one of them being notarised
- A six-month valid passport
- A sponsorship letter from a citizen, friends, relatives, or company in Fiji or hotel bookings
- Financial evidence in the form of recent bank statements
- Detailed itinerary for the entire to-and-from trip accompanied by a valid visa to the next destination (if applicable)
- A police report or certificate of good conduct from a local police station in the UK
- The required visa fee. A single-entry visa costs £47.00 and a multiple-entry visa is priced at £82, payable to the Fiji High Commission in London through Postal Money Order or Bankers Draft. You can also do a bank transfer but you need to contact the mission to know about the process.
You are advised to lodge an application at least a month before your planned travel days. Visa applications, if approved, take 7-21 days to be processed.