Everything You Need To Know About
is a member of the European Union and it lies in the Schengen area. Even though
United Kingdom is no longer a part of the European Union, Germany has decided
to continue its visa exemption status to British nationals, and they do not
need a visa to enter the country. However, if you are a foreign national who
resides in the United Kingdom, obtaining a visa is a must to visit Germany.
to get a German visa, all foreign nationals should complete a biometric (fingerprint)
issues various types of visas to foreign nationals depending on the purpose and
nature of their visit. Please scroll down to know more about German visas.
Germany Tourist visa
Foreign nationals planning to visit Germany exclusively for tourism related activities can apply for a tourist visa.
These visas have a validity of three months, and the maximum days a traveler can stay inside Germany is 90 days per entry.
As per the requirements of the foreign national Germany issues both single and multiple entry tourist visas.
Please find below the necessary documents required to obtain a Germany tourist visa.
- The original signed passport of the applicant which has at least six months validity and two blank pages for marking should be submitted. If your passport’s validity is less than six months, please renew it before submitting the application.
- The foreign national should submit two passport-sized photographs. These photographs should have a white background, and it should be taken within the last three months.
- The applicant should submit the ILR card or proof of residence status in the United Kingdom. Applicants should make sure that this proof of residence status should be valid for at least six months after returning from Germany.
- It is necessary to submit the full itinerary. The itinerary should be directly sent by the airline company or a travel agency. Please note that German authorities will determine the number of entries in your visa based on the itinerary.
- The traveler should submit the accommodation proof. The accommodation proof can be the hotel room booking confirmation receipt, and it should detail the name of the applicant, name of the hotel, its address and intended duration of stay.
- The applicant is required to submit an employment letter from his or her UK employer. The letter should be written on the company’s letterhead, and it should assure that you will return back to job after completing the German trip. This employment letter should be addressed to the German High Commission.
- The traveler should submit the bank statements of the last three months as a proof of sufficient funds. The statement should include all the details of the applicant that includes, his name, address, bank transactions and salary. In order to get a Germany tourist visa, the minimum balance in your account should be £500.
- The applicant should submit proof of travel insurance. The travel insurance should provide coverage throughout the Schengen area, and the minimum coverage for medical emergency and repatriation should be €30,000.
Tips to take care while traveling with minors
Minors traveling to Germany should submit all the documents mentioned above, along with some additional documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit the birth certificate of the minor traveler.
- It is also necessary to submit the proof of parents’ regular income.
- Passport copies of both the parents should be submitted.
- It is a must to submit the notarized travel permission from parent.
Note: In usual cases, German authorities will send the visa within 15 days after the submission of biometrics.
Germany business visa
Foreign nationals intending to visit Germany for business-related purposes can opt for a business visa.
In order to obtain these visas, applicants should produce the below-mentioned documents.
- The signed copy of the applicant’s passport should be submitted. While submitting the passport, always make sure that it has a minimum validity of six months, and two blank pages.
- Two passport sized photographs that show the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle should be submitted. Please note that the passport photographs are taken in a white background within the last three months.
- The applicant should submit the proof of resident status in the United Kingdom. This proof of resident status should be valid for at least six months after you return from Germany.
- A full version of the itinerary showing the exact travel dates should be submitted. Please understand that German authorities will decide the number of entries in your visa based on the submitted itinerary.
- The applicant is required to submit an employment letter. The employment letter should be issued by the applicant’s employer in the United Kingdom. This employment letter addressed to the German High Commission should assure that the traveler will rejoin the work after completing the German trip. If you are self-employed, business license or proof of tax returns can be submitted. Retired personals can provide proof of retirement funds.
- It is necessary to provide your accommodation details while staying inside Germany. This proof of hotel room booking reservation should show the name of the traveler, along with other details like name of the hotel, its address etc.
- The foreign national should submit the bank statements of the last three months. The bank statement must be stamped by the issuing bank, and it should show a minimum balance of £500.
- The applicant should produce proof of travel insurance which is valid throughout the Schengen area. The travel insurance should provide a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergencies and repatriation.
- While filling the visa application form, be very careful, and make sure that it is completed error free.
Note: The validity of a German business visa is three months. Using these visas, a foreign national can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Germany medical visas
People who plan to visit Germany for treatment in German hospitals can apply for a medical visa. To get these visas, a foreign national should submit all the documents requited to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this, the traveler should also submit the below-mentioned additional documents.
- A local medical report issued by a medical practitioner in the United Kingdom should be submitted. This medical report should contain the name of the traveler, along with his or her medical condition.
- It is necessary to submit a medical attestation from a hospital or doctor in Germany that confirms the date of the foreign national’s appointment. The medical attestation should also give a detailed report about the patient’s current medical condition.
- The applicant should submit the payment receipt of the fee that has been paid to the hospital in Germany.
- The foreign national should also submit proof of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the German trip.
Germany visa for cultural, sports, film and religious purposes
In order to get this visa, a foreign national should submit all the documents necessary to procure a tourist visa.
Foreign nationals are required to submit the documents below mentioned too.
- An invitation letter from the German entity detailing the purpose of the trip.
- If traveling with a crew, it is necessary to submit the names of all the people traveling.
- The applicant should furnish the duration of the stay in Germany along with the itinerary.
Germany student visa
Foreign nationals planning to study in Germany can apply for a student visa. As a student, a foreign national should submit every document that are necessary to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this usual document submission, foreign nationals are also required to submit the documents mentioned below.
- The applicant should submit an enrolment certificate that confirms his or her admission in a German school or college.
- The foreign national should submit the course completion certificate which makes him or her eligible for higher studies in Germany.
- The traveler should submit proof of sufficient funds.
Visa for spouse and family members of German citizen or resident
In order to get this visa, foreign nationals should submit all the documents needed to get a tourist visa along with the additional documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of German citizenship of the person residing in Germany.
- If the spouse is traveling, it is necessary to submit the marriage certificate.
- It is necessary to submit the German family record book.