Everything You Need
To Know About Italy Visa
British citizens do not need a visa to enter Italy as it is
part of Schengen visa free zone. However, it should be noted that all foreign
nationals residing in the United Kingdom should obtain a Schengen visa to enter
In order to obtain an Italy visa, all foreign nationals
should successfully complete a biometric test at the visa application center.
can contact Visa Genie to book an appointment on your behalf at the visa
Authorities in Italy have classified visas into several
types depending on the purpose and nature of a foreign national’s visit to the
country. Please scroll down to know more about different types of Italy visas.
Italy tourist visa
Italy issues tourist visas to foreign nationals who intend to visit the country for activities related to tourism. As the name indicates, these visas are only for tourists, and using this travel document, a foreign national is not allowed to engage in any other kind of activities. If authorities nab you for violating Italian rules, you will be compelled to face severe legal repercussions.
Please find below the necessary documents to obtain an Italian tourist visa.
- In order to get an Italy tourist visa, the first thing a foreign national should do is submitting the original signed passport. This passport should have a minimum validity of six months along with two blank pages for markings.
- The applicant should submit two passport-sized photographs. The photographs should not be older than three months, and it should be taken in a white background.
- It is necessary to submit either the ILR card or a proof of resident status in the United Kingdom.
- The applicant should submit an employment letter addressed to the Italy High Commission. This employment letter should be issued by the applicant’s employer in the United Kingdom, and it should assure that the traveler will rejoin the duty in the company after completing the trip to Italy.
- The full version of the itinerary should be submitted. Italian authorities will determine the number of entries in your visa after analyzing this submitted itinerary.
- The foreign national should submit details of hotel room booking as a proof of accommodation.
- The applicant is required to submit bank statements of the last three months. Please make sure that the bank statement contains all details that include full address, name of the applicant, transaction history and salary. In the bank statement, the minimum balance should be £600.
- Submitting the details of a travel insurance is a must to obtain an Italy tourist visa. The travel insurance should be valid throughout the Schengen area, and the minimum coverage offered for medical emergencies and repatriation should be €30,000.
- Please fill the visa application form without any errors.
Note: Italy offers both single and multiple entry visas for tourists. The validity of an Italian tourist visa is three months, and foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days using these visas.
Additional documents that should be submitted for minors
Minors traveling to Italy should submit the below-mentioned documents.
- The birth certificate of the minor traveler should be submitted.
- It is necessary to submit passport copies of both the parents.
- If minors are traveling to Italy, it is mandatory to submit the proof of their parents’ income.
- Notarized consent letter from parents should be submitted.
Italy business visa
As the name clearly indicates, business visas are meant for foreign nationals who plan to visit Italy for business activities like commercial trading.
Please find below all the necessary documents that are required to obtain a business visa.
- All foreign nationals should submit their original signed passport. This passport should have two blank pages, and its validity should be minimum six months.
- The applicant should submit three passport-sized photographs taken within the past three months. Please note that the photograph should be taken in a white or grey background. In the photograph, the applicant should maintain a neutral facial expression.
- As the foreign national is residing in the United Kingdom, he or she should provide the original ILR card or proof of resident status. It should be noted that this proof of resident status should have at least six months validity after the traveler exit Italy.
- It is required to submit the full version of the itinerary. The itinerary should be sent directly by an airline company or a travel agency. Foreign nationals should understand that authorities in Italy will determine the number of entries in your tourist visa based on the submitted itinerary.
- All travelers should submit an employment letter from his or her company in the United Kingdom. This employment letter should be addressed to the Italy High Commission, and it should state that a leave has been granted during the travel dates, and the foreign national will return to work after the Italian trip. If self-employed, travelers can submit copy of business license or tax return. If you are retired, you can submit proof of retirement funds.
- Applicants should submit a business invitation letter from the company in Italy. This business invitation letter should detail the exact nature and purpose of the trip. This letter that should be addressed to the Italian Consulate should also assure that the company is taking full financial responsibility of the traveler during his or her trip to Italy. Please note that this business invitation letter should not be older than one month.
- It is necessary to submit proof of hotel room booking confirmation.
- The applicant should submit the bank statements for the past three months. The bank statement should show the full address, name of the applicant, transaction history and his or her salary. It should be also noted that the bank statement should be stamped by the issuing bank.
- The applicant should submit the proof of travel insurance. The travel insurance should be valid throughout the Schengen area, and it should provide a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergencies or repatriation.
- The Italian business visa application should be completed without any errors. If you face any difficulties while filling the application form, you can contact Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.
Note: Italian business visas are valid for three months, and the maximum days a foreign national can stay inside the country per entry is 90 days.
Italy medical visa
Foreign nationals who intend to carry out their treatment in Italy can apply for a medical visa. In order to get these visas, it is mandatory to submit all the documents that are required to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this, foreign nationals should also provide the below-mentioned documents.
- It is necessary to submit a medical report from a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom.
- A medical attestation from a hospital or doctor in Italy should be submitted. This medical attestation should detail the medical condition of the patient, and it should also confirm the appointment.
- It is necessary to submit proof of payment paid to Italian hospital.
- Foreign nationals should submit proof of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the stay in Italy.
Italian visa for spouse and family members of Italian citizens
Spouse and family members of Italian citizens can make use of this visa to visit Italy.
In order to obtain these visas, foreign nationals should submit all the documents required to obtain a tourist visa, along with the additional set of documents mentioned below.
- It is mandatory to submit the proof of citizenship of the Italian host.
- If the spouse is traveling to Italy, it is mandatory to submit the marriage certificate.
- It is necessary to submit the Italian family record book.