Everything You Need
To Know About Luxembourg Visa
As Luxembourg is a country that lies in the Schengen zone,
British nationals are not required to obtain a visa to enter this country.
However, foreign nationals who reside in the United Kingdom need a visa to
Depending on the nature and purpose of the visit,
authorities in Luxembourg have classified their visas into several types.
Please scroll down to know more details about different types of Luxembourg
Luxembourg tourist visa
As the name indicates, these visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to visit Luxembourg exclusively for tourism-related activities.
Please find below the necessary documents that are required to obtain a Luxembourg tourist visa.
- The applicant should submit the original copy of his or her passport. Please make sure that the passport is signed, and it has a minimum validity of six months. Always ensure that your passport has two blank pages for markings.
- Two passport-sized photographs taken within the last three months should be submitted. These photographs should be taken in a white background, and it should show the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle.
- As the applicant is residing in the United Kingdom, it is necessary to submit the ILR card or proof of resident status. In order to get a tourist visa, your proof of resident status should be valid for at least six months after you complete the trip to Luxembourg.
- The applicant is supposed to submit the full version of the itinerary. It should be noted that this itinerary should be sent directly by an airline company or travel agency, and authorities in Luxembourg will determine the number of entries in your visa based on this submitted itinerary.
- The foreign national should submit the copy of last three months’ bank statement.
- All applicants should submit proof of travel insurance that provides coverage throughout the Schengen area.
- All foreign nationals should submit an employment letter from his or her company in the United Kingdom. This employment letter should state that leaves have been provided to the traveler, and he or she will rejoin work after completing the Luxembourg trip. If the traveler is a student, it is necessary to submit a letter from school. Self-employed travelers can submit copy of their business license or tax return. Retired foreign nationals can submit proof of retirement funds.
- It is necessary to submit confirmation of hotel room booking. This confirmation from hotel should show the name of the applicant, name of the hotel and its address.
- The foreign national should submit an invitation letter from an entity in Luxembourg.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors. There are several previous instances where foreign nationals were denied visas due to visa application errors. In case of any queries, please contact Visa Genie.
Luxembourg business visa
As the name indicates, Luxembourg business visas are issued to foreign nationals who plan to visit the country exclusively for business-related activities.
Please find below the necessary documents to obtain a Luxembourg business visa.
- The original signed passport of the applicant should be submitted. This passport should have a minimum of six months validity along with two blank pages. If your passport’s validity is less than six months, please renew it before applying for a visa.
- Two passport-sized photographs not older than three months should be submitted. These photographs should be taken in a white background. Applicants should also make sure that these photographs provide the full-frontal view of the head, with the face centered in the middle.
- As the foreign national is residing in the United Kingdom, it is mandatory to submit the original ILR card or other proof of resident status. It should be noted that this proof of resident status has a validity of six months after the traveler leaves Luxembourg.
- The applicant should submit the full version of the itinerary that shows the exact travel dates. Please note that the number of entries in your visa will be decided based on this itinerary.
- The applicant should submit proof of travel insurance. Foreign nationals should make sure that this travel insurance will provide coverage throughout the Schengen area.
- The foreign national should submit proof of sufficient funds. In order to substantiate your financial capability, you can submit the bank statements issued in the last three months.
- The applicant is required to submit an original letter from his or her employer in the United Kingdom. Please note that this employment letter should be addressed to the High Commission of Luxembourg, and it should state that the traveler will return to his regular work after completing the trip. If the traveler is self-employed, he or she can submit the business license or tax return proofs. If you are retired, then you can submit proof of retirement funds.
- The foreign national should submit an invitation letter from a Luxembourg entity. This letter should detail the nature and purpose of the traveler’s visit, and should also assure his or her full financial responsibility during the trip.
- Please make sure that the visa application form is completed without any errors.