Everything You Need To Know About
is a member of the European Union, and this country lies in the Schengen zone.
Even though the United Kingdom has exited from the European Union, authorities
in France have decided to extend the country’s visa exempt status, and as a result,
all British nationals can enter France without a visa.
However, when it comes
to other foreign nationals who reside in the United Kingdom, obtaining a visa
is a must to enter France.
nationals planning to visit France needs to complete a biometric process. You
are expected to take an appointment and visit the France visa centre in London
for the same.
on the requirements of the foreign national, authorities in France have
classified their visas into several types. Please scroll down to know more about
different types of visas issued by France.
France tourist visa
France issues tourist visas to foreign nationals who plan to visit the country exclusively for tourism-related activities like sightseeing.
Please note that these visas are just for tourism, and a foreign national is not supposed to engage in any kind of other activities after entering France with a tourist visa.
If authorities find you guilty for violating the rules, you will be compelled to face serious legal consequences.
In order to get a tourist visa, a foreign national should submit the documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit the original passport of the applicant. This passport should have a minimum validity of six months, and it should also have two blank pages. Please note that France will not issue a visa if your passport’s validity is less than six months. If your passport does not have this required validity, please renew it before submitting the application.
- The applicant should submit two passport-sized photographs. These photographs should not be older than three months, and it should be taken in a white background.
- If you have previous passports, you should submit their copies along with copies of your previously issued visas.
- If residing in the United Kingdom, the applicant should submit the ILR Card or the proof of residence status. Please note that this proof of residence status should have a validity of at least three months after your return from France.
- The applicant should submit the full version of the itinerary. The itinerary submitted by the foreign national should be sent directly from an airline company or travel agent. The number of entries in your visa will be determined based on the submitted itinerary.
- It is also a must to submit the proof of hotel room booking reservation. It should be noted that the hotel room booking reservation should carry the name of the applicant, along with the name and address of the hotel.
- The foreign national should submit an employment letter from his or her company in the United Kingdom. The employment letter from the company should assure that the foreign national will return to work after the French trip. Please note that this employment letter should be addressed to the France High Commission.
- In order to prove the financial health of the applicant, it is necessary to submit last the bank statements of last three months. The bank statement should contain the full name of the applicant along with details of bank transactions and salary. The final balance in the bank statement should be at least £600 to get a France visa.
- The proof of travel insurance issued in the United Kingdom should be submitted. The insurance should give coverage to the applicant throughout the Schengen area, and the minimum coverage for medical emergency and repatriation should be €30,000.
- The applicant should carefully fill the visa application form. If you find any difficulties while filling the form, you can avail the help of Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.
Note: If traveling with minor children, the applicant should submit the extra documents mentioned below.
- The original birth certificate which has both the parents’ name should be submitted.
- If available, an official translation of the birth certificate can be submitted.
- It is necessary to submit the passports of both the parents.
- If the parents are not traveling with the minor, it is necessary to submit an authorization form.
- If the child is protected by a legal guardian, an official letter signed by both the parents stating that the guardian has the protective rights on the child should be submitted.
The validity of a France tourist visa is three months, and using these travel documents, foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
France offers both single and multiple entry tourist visas for foreign nationals.
As per current trends, a foreign national will receive a tourist visa to France 15 days after submitting the application.
France business visa
Business visas are issued to foreign nationals who plan to visit France for business-related activities.
Please find below the necessary documents to obtain a business visa.
- The original signed copy of the applicant’s passport should be submitted. This passport should have a validity of six months and it should also have two blank pages.
- The applicant should submit two recent passport sized photographs taken in white background. Please make sure that the passport photographs are taken within the last three months and it should show the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle.
- If you have previous passports, it is necessary to submit them along with old visas.
- It is necessary to submit the original British residence permit.
- The applicant should submit the full itinerary directly sent by the airline company or a travel agent. Please understand that authorities in France will determine the number of entries in your visa based on the submitted itinerary.
- The foreign national should submit the hotel room booking confirmation as the proof of accommodation. The room booking receipt should have the name of the applicant in it, along with the name of the hotel and its address.
- A signed employment letter from the applicant’s UK company should be submitted. The employment letter should state that the foreign national will return to work after completing the France trip. This letter of employment should be addressed to the France High Commission. If self-employed, foreign nationals can submit proof of business license or tax return. Travelers who are retired can submit proof of retirement funds.
- The applicant should submit the bank statements of the last three months that shows a minimum balance of £600.
- It is a must to submit details of a travel insurance policy issued in the United Kingdom. The insurance policy should be valid throughout the Schengen Area, and it should offer a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergency and repatriation.
- The France business visa application form should be filled without any errors. There are several cases where foreign nationals were denied visas due to errors in the application form. So, make sure that you are filling it in a very legible manner without any errors. In case of any difficulties, you can contact Visa Genie for assistance.
Note: France offers both single and multiple entry visas for business personals. Authorities offer a maximum validity of two years for tourist visas, and the maximum days a person can stay in the country in 90 days per entry.
France medical visa
In order to obtain a France medical visa, a foreign national should submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa.
To get this visa, foreign nationals to submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa, along with the below mentioned set of additional documents.
- The applicant should submit a local medical report issued by a registered medical practitioner in the UK.
- It is necessary to submit a letter of invitation from the medical institution in France. It should be noted that this letter should contain all the details about the patient’s current medical condition. This letter should also confirm the date of the appointment.
- The applicant should submit proof of prepaid medical fee.
- The applicant should submit a guarantee letter which states that he or she is capable enough to cope with the extra medical fee.
- The traveler should also submit proof of sufficient funds.
France student visa
Student visas are issued to foreign nationals who plan to visit France to study in colleges and schools. If you want to get a student visa, you should submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa.
Apart from this, applicants should also submit some additional documents mentioned below.
- The applicant should submit an enrolment certificate from a school or college in France confirming the admission.
- The foreign national should submit the course completion certificate which makes him eligible to stay in France.
- The student should submit proof of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the stay in France.
France visa for spouse and family members
Foreign nationals who are spouses or family members of French nationals or residents in France can make use of this visa to enter the country legally.
- The applicant should submit passport which has at least six months validity and two blank pages.
- The foreign national should submit two passport-sized photographs taken in a white background.
- If you have previous passports, you should submit it along with previously issued visas.
- It is necessary to produce the French citizenship of the spouse or family member residing in France.
- The applicant should submit the marriage certificate.
- The marriage certificate should be translated to French by an official translator.
- The applicant should submit the proof of itinerary.
Note: These visas offer a validity up to two years, and the maximum days a foreign national can stay inside France per entry is 90 days.