Everything you need to know about a Georgia visa
nationals don’t need a visa to visit Georgia and the best news is, they can
stay in the country without a visa for up to one year! However, this facility
is only limited to tourism and business visits.
order to reap the benefits of the visa-free regime, your passport must be valid
for the proposed stay duration.
You should also take out comprehensive travel
insurance as your airlines might ask you to present the policy during check-in.
Otherwise, there’s a high chance of immigration authorities requesting you to
show the document after your arrival in Georgia.
ensure that you carry proof of sufficient funds, evidence of accommodation
arrangements, and onward/return tickets so that you are granted a quick,
hassle-free entry into Georgia.
Other visa types for UK nationals
For activities other than tourism or business or for long-term visits, you will need to lodge an application for a Georgian visa. The major types of entry visas issued by the consul are as follows:
- Student visa
- Work visa
- Family visa
- Diplomatic visa
Both single entry and multiple entry student visas are valid for up to six months. The documents required are as follows:
- A completed and signed Georgian visa application form
- Original British passport, valid for at least six months, containing a minimum of one blank page
- One recent passport-size photograph, taken against a white backdrop
- Enrolment letter issued by the specific educational institute in Georgia
- An invitation letter from the host in Georgia
- Documented evidence, which states that there is a foreign language education program in place at the particular educational institution where the applicant is enrolled
A multiple entry family visa is valid for up to 180 days.
To lodge an application, you will require a visa application form, a United Kingdom passport, one passport-style photo, and an invitation letter. Additionally, you will need:
- A marriage or birth certificate, proving that the applicant is an immediate family member of a Georgian citizen or resident
- A legal stay document of the Georgian citizen who is a family member of the applicant
- Documented proof specifying that the applicant is related to the Georgian resident or citizen
Both single- and multiple-entry work visas arrive in validities of up to six months.
Just like a student visa, you will require a passport, visa application form, photograph, and invitation letter, to lodge an application.
Additionally, you will also require a document issued by the state bodies of Georgia, which states the applicant is entering Georgia on visits related to the state, official or working purposes.
A diplomatic visa is granted in single and multiple entries, with a validity of up to three months in either case. Of course, you will need a passport, application form, invitation letter, and photograph to apply for one. Apart from this, you will also need:
- An official letter issued by the state bodies of Georgia, which confirms that the applicant is traveling on a mission related to functions of the state
- A letter detailing the purpose of the visit
- A cover letter issued by the British institution in the UK
Entry requirements for foreigners
Visitors to Georgia and UK residents who hold a valid visa or residence permit of EU or GCC countries, territories of EU countries, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Israel, UK, Norway or Switzerland do not need a visa to visit the country.
They can stay here without a visa for up to a maximum span of up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
If you do not fall under the list of countries included in Georgia’s visa-free regime, you will need to lodge an application for an entry visa through the e-VISA portal.
Just create an account, complete the online visa application process, pay the fees online, and take a print of the e-Visa. All you need is a credit or debit card and scanned copies of your documents.
Once you arrive at the border, you will have to show this e-visa, alongside your passport, documents proving the purpose of travel, evidence of accommodation, travel and health insurance, and proof of sufficient financial means.
Once the officials approve your documents, they will issue an entry stamp on your passport.