Everything You Need
To Know About Iceland Visa
All British nationals can visit Iceland without any restrictions
and a Schengen visa is not required. However, for foreign nationals who reside
in the UK, it is mandatory to obtain a Schengen visa to enter Iceland.
Note: All applicants above 12 years of age should attend the
visa application center to complete the biometric process.
Depending on the nature and purpose of the foreign national’s
visit, Iceland issues various visa types, and some of the most common ones are
Iceland tourist visa
Iceland issues tourist visas to foreign nationals who plan to enter the country for tourism-related activities. Iceland offers both single and multiple entry tourist visas to foreign nationals.
The validity of an Iceland tourist visa is three months, and the maximum days a foreign national can stay inside the country is 90 days per entry. Please find below the necessary documents a foreign national should submit to obtain a tourist visa.
- The original passport of the applicant should be submitted. Please note that the passport should have a minimum six months validity and two blank pages.
- Two passport-sized photographs taken in white background should be submitted. The applicant should make sure that he or she is maintaining a neutral facial expression in these photographs.
- The applicant is required to submit the ILR card, or proof of resident status in the United Kingdom. It should be noted that this proof of resident status should be valid for more than six months after you return from Iceland.
- It is necessary to submit the full version of the itinerary directly send by an airline company or travel agency. Please note that this full version of the itinerary will be used by the Iceland authorities to determine the number of entries in your visa.
- Travelers should submit an employment letter issued by his or her employer in the United Kingdom. This letter should be addressed to the Iceland High Commission, and the letter should state that the employer has granted leave to the traveler, and he or she will return to job after completing the trip.
- It is necessary to submit the hotel room booking details as a proof of accommodation.
- In order to prove the financial capability, foreign nationals should submit the copy of last three months’ bank statements, that is stamped by the issuing bank. In the bank statement, the minimum balance should be at least £500.
- The foreign national should submit a travel insurance policy issued in the United Kingdom. The travel insurance policy submitted by the traveler should be valid throughout the Schengen area, and it should provide a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergencies and repatriation.
- The applicant should complete the visa application form very carefully. If you find any difficulties, do not hesitate to contact Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.
Note: In usual cases, Iceland authorities will take at least 15 business days to issue your tourist visa.
Tips to take care while traveling with minors
If minors are traveling to Iceland, it is necessary to submit the below-mentioned additional documents.
- It is necessary to submit proof of parents’ income.
- Notarized parental consent letter should be submitted.
- It is mandatory to submit the copy of both the parents’ passport.
- The birth certificate of the minor should be submitted.
Iceland business visa
Business visas are meant for foreign nationals who plan to visit Iceland for business activities. Scroll down to know more about the documents that are needed to obtain an Iceland business visa.
- The original copy of the passport which has two blank pages and six months validity should be submitted.
- It is necessary to submit two passport sized photographs. The passport sized photographs should be taken in white background, and it should not be older than three months. In the photograph, the foreign national should make sure that he or she is maintaining a neutral facial expression.
- Foreign nationals residing in the United Kingdom should submit the ILR card or proof of resident status. Please make sure that this proof of resident status is valid for at least six months after you return from Iceland.
- An original signed copy of the employment letter issued by the company in the United Kingdom should be submitted. Please note that this employment letter is addressed to the Iceland High Commission, and it should state that the traveler will return to work after the Iceland trip. If the traveler is self-employed, a copy of business license or tax return can be submitted. Retired travelers can submit proof of retirement funds.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of accommodation. In this case, applicants submit copy of hotel room booking confirmation, that shows the name of the applicant, name of the hotel and address.
- A business invitation letter from the company in Iceland should be submitted. Please note that this business invitation letter should not be more than one month old, and should be addressed to the Consulate of Iceland.
- Original or copies of last three months bank statements should be submitted. Please note that these bank statements should detail the name of the applicant, bank transactions and salary. It should be also noted that the final balance in the bank statement should be £600.
- It is a must to provide proof of travel insurance. Please note that this travel insurance should be issued in the United Kingdom, and it should be valid throughout the Schengen area. The insurance should provide a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergencies and repatriation.
- Please make sure that the Iceland business visa application is completed without any errors. If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact Visa Genie.
Note: Just like tourist visas, an Iceland business visa offers three months validity. A foreign national can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Iceland medical visa
People who plan to visit Iceland for treatment related needs can apply for a medical visa. In order to get these visas, it is necessary to submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa.
Apart from this, foreign nationals should also submit the documents mentioned below.
- A local medical report detailing the condition of the patient should be submitted. This medical report should be issued by a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom.
- It is necessary to submit a medical attestation letter from a hospital or doctor in Iceland. The medical attestation letter should confirm the appointment date in Iceland.
- The applicant should submit payment receipt of medical fees.
- The foreign national should also show proof of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the stay in Iceland.
Iceland student visa
Students planning to study in Iceland can apply for an Iceland student visa. To obtain this visa, foreign nationals should submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa.
Besides submitting these usual documents, applicants should also submit the set of additional documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit an enrollment certificate from a school or college in Iceland. The enrollment certificate should guarantee the admission of foreign national in the Iceland educational institution.
- The applicant should submit certificates of all courses completed, that makes him or her eligible for higher studies in Iceland.
- It is necessary to submit proof of sufficient funds.
Iceland visa for spouse and family members
Spouses and family members of Iceland citizens can apply for this visa to visit Iceland. All documents required to get a tourist visa should be submitted to procure this travel document.
Apart from this, foreign nationals are also supposed to submit the set of documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit documents that prove Iceland citizenship of the host.
- If the spouse of Iceland citizen is traveling, it is necessary to submit the marriage certificate.
- It is recommended to submit Iceland family record book.