Everything You Need To Know About Niger
from the 19 visa exempt countries, all foreign nationals including citizens of
the United Kingdom need a visa to enter Niger. In order to visit Niger, foreign
nationals should obtain a visa before starting their journey via the Niger
Depending on the purpose and nature of the foreign national’s visit,
authorities in Niger have classified their visas into several types and the
most noted ones are mentioned below.
Niger tourist visa
As the name substantiates, these visas are issued to foreign nationals intending to visit the country exclusively for tourism-related activities.
Please note that these visas are issued only for tourism-related activities, and foreign nationals are not supposed to engage in any other kind of activities using these visas. Please find below the documents that should be submitted to get a Niger tourist visa.
- The passport of the applicant should be submitted, and it should have six months validity along with two visa blank pages. If the validity of your passport is less than six months, do renew it before submitting the application to obtain a Niger tourist visa.
- A photograph taken within the last six months in a white background should be submitted.
- As a proof of travel arrangements, it is necessary to submit copy of onward/return flight tickets.
- It is mandatory to submit one color copy of yellow fever certificate to obtain a Niger tourist visa.
- Apart from submitting the originals of the above-mentioned documents, it is necessary to submit one photocopy of all these documents.
- The visa application form to obtain a Niger tourist visa should be filled and submitted without any errors. If you face any difficulties while filling this form, you can contact Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.
Note: Niger tourist visas offer both single and multiple entry privilege to foreign nationals, and the validity of these visas is three months.
Niger business visa
Business visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to visit Niger for business-related activities.
In order to get a Niger business visa, all travelers should submit the documents mentioned below.
- The original, signed passport of the applicant should be submitted. This passport should have a validity of six months, and should also have two blank pages.
- A passport-sized photograph of the applicant should be submitted. This photograph should show the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle. In the photograph, the applicant should make sure that he or she is maintaining a neutral non-smiling facial expression.
- A business introduction letter issued by the applicant’s UK employer should be submitted. This business introduction letter should introduce the applicant, should state the nature and purpose of the foreign national’s visit.
- The applicant should submit copy of onward/return flight tickets.
- Submitting an international certificate of yellow fever vaccination is a must to enter Niger.
- It is necessary to submit the photocopies of all the above-mentioned documents.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors.
Note: The validity of a Niger business visa is three months, and it offers both single entry and multiple entry privilege to foreign nationals.
Niger transit visa
Transit visas are issued to foreign nationals who enter Niger while transiting to a different destination.
UK citizens can stay visa-free in Niger for a period up to 24 hours. However, he or she should make sure that the below-mentioned conditions are met.
- The passport of the applicant should be valid, and should have sufficient blank pages.
- It is necessary to hold proof of sufficient funds, and copies of onward/return flight tickets.
- The traveler should hold all documents that show the proof and purpose of the trip.
- The traveler should hold visa for the next country, as applicable.
- Before beginning the journey, you should confirm with the airline that boarding is allowed without a visa, as these rules are subject to change.