Everything You Need To Know About
are a citizen of the United Kingdom, you can enter Spain without a visa.
However, if you are a foreign national from countries like India or Russia, obtaining
a visa is a must to enter Spain.
foreign nationals applying for a Spain visa should complete a biometric
process. This biometric process should be carried out at the visa application
on the purpose and nature of the foreign national’s trip, authorities in Spain
have classified visas into several types.
Please scroll down to know more about
different types of Spain visas.
Spain tourist visa
Foreign nationals who plan to enter Spain exclusively for tourism related activities can apply for a tourist visa.
Please find below the necessary documents that are required to obtain Spain tourist visa.
- The original, signed passport of the foreign national should be submitted. The passport should have at least six months validity, and two blank pages for markings.
- Two recent photographs taken within the last three months should be submitted. Please note that the photograph is taken in a white or grey background. The traveler should make sure that he or she is maintaining a neutral facial expression in the photograph.
- It is necessary to provide the copy of the full itinerary. This itinerary should show the exact dates of travel. Please note that authorities in Spain will be determining the number of entries in your visa based on this submitted itinerary.
- It is necessary to submit the hotel room booking reservation copies. The copy of confirmed room booking reservations should include name of the applicant, name and address of the hotel, and dates of stay.
- The traveler should submit an employment letter from his or her employer in the United Kingdom. This letter should be addressed to the High Commission of Spain. The employment letter should assure that the foreign national who visits Spain will return to his regular duty after completing the trip. If the traveler is self-employed, copy of business license and tax return can be submitted. Travelers who are retired can submit proofs of retirement funds.
- The applicant should submit proof of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the Spanish trip. In order to assure financial health, the applicant can submit the copy of his or her bank statement. It should be noted that the final balance in your statement should be at least £600.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of travel insurance. This travel insurance policy should be issued in the United Kingdom, and it should offer a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergency and repatriation.
- The visa application form should be completed very carefully.
Note: Spain offers both single and multiple entry visas for foreign nationals. The validity of a Spanish tourist visa is three months, and the maximum days a person can stay inside the country per entry is 90 days. It should be noted that these visas are issued to foreign nationals just for tourism related activities, and if authorities nab any visitors for violating the rules, they will be compelled to face strict legal consequences.
Spain business visa
Foreign nationals planning to enter Spain for business related activities can apply for a business visa.
Please find below the necessary documents that should be submitted to get Spain business visa.
- The foreign national should submit the passport copy which has at least six months validity. The passport should also have two blank pages for markings.
- Two recent photographs of the applicant should be submitted. Please make sure that the photograph is taken in white background.
- As the foreign national is residing in the United Kingdom, it is necessary to submit the ILR card or proof of residence status.
- The traveler should submit the copy of itinerary. Please note that this itinerary is being directly send by a travel agency or airline company.
- The foreign national is required to submit details of hotel room booking reservation. This reservation confirmation should show the name of the traveler, name and address of the hotel etc.
- An employment letter from the applicant’s UK employer should be submitted. The employment letter should be addressed to the High Commission of Spain, and it should state that the traveler will return to work after completing the trip to Spain. Self-employed travelers can submit copy of business license or tax return, while retired people can submit proof of retirement funds.
- The applicant should submit an invitation letter from the host company in Spain. This business invitation letter should not be less than one month old, and it should be addressed to the Spanish consulate. The letter should detail the purpose and nature of the trip. This invitation letter should also guarantee sufficient funds for the traveler during the trip.
- The traveler should submit his or her bank statements. It should be also noted that the final balance in the bank statement should not be less than £600.
- The proof of travel insurance which is valid throughout the Schengen area should be submitted. Please note that this travel insurance is providing a coverage of €30,000 for medical emergency and repatriation.
- The Spanish visa application form should be filled without any errors. If you face any errors while filling the visa application form, you can contact Visa Genie.
Note: The validity of a Spanish business visa is three months, and the maximum days a foreign national can stay in the country upon single entry is 90 days.
Spain visa for spouse and family members of Latvian resident
In order to get this visa, foreign nationals should submit all the documents needed to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this, the below-mentioned set of additional documents should be submitted.
- The applicant should submit the proof of Spanish citizenship of the host.
- If the spouse is traveling to Spain, it is mandatory to submit the marriage certificate.
- Spanish family record book should be submitted.
Spain medical visa
Spain issues medical visas to foreign nationals who intend to visit the country for availing treatment from a hospital or clinic.
In order to get these visas, foreign nationals should submit all the documents required to obtain a tourist visa. Apart from this, it is mandatory to submit the below mentioned set of documents.
- The applicant should submit a local medical report issued by a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom.
- It is necessary to submit a medical attestation from a hospital or doctor in Spain. This medical attestation should clearly detail the current condition of the patient, and should also confirm the appointment.
- Payment receipt of medical fees paid to the hospital or clinic in Spain should be submitted.
- The applicant should submit proof of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the Spain trip.