You Need To Know About Switzerland Visa
Citizen of the United Kingdom do not require a visa to enter Switzerland. However,
foreign nationals from countries like India who reside in the UK should apply
for a visa to enter Switzerland. To obtain these visas, foreign nationals
should complete a biometric process at the visa application center.
on the purpose and nature of the foreign national’s trip, authorities in
Switzerland have classified visas into several types. Please scroll down to
know more about Switzerland.
Switzerland tourist visa
Switzerland issues tourist visas to foreign nationals who wish to enter the country for tourism related activities that includes sightseeing.
In order to get a Swiss tourist visa, travelers should submit the documents mentioned below.
- The passport of the applicant should be submitted. It should be noted that the validity of the passport which is to be submitted should be submitted should be at least six months, and it should also have two blank pages.
- The applicant should submit two passport-sized photographs taken within the last three months. The passport photograph should be taken in a white background, and it should show the full-frontal view of the applicant with the face centered in the middle.
- In order to get a Switzerland tourist visa, the applicant should submit the ILR card or proof of resident status.
- The full version of the itinerary directly sent by an airline company or travel agency should be submitted. Please note that Switzerland authorities will determine the number of entries in your visa based on this itinerary.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of confirmed hotel room booking reservation details.
- The foreign national should submit original employment letter from the company in the United Kingdom. This letter should assure that the company has granted leave, and the traveler will rejoin the work after completing the Swiss trip. This employment letter should be addressed to the Switzerland High Commission. If the traveler is self-employed, he or she can submit copy of business license or tax return. If you are retired, you can submit proof of retirement funds.
- Last three months bank statement showing a minimum balance of £600 should be submitted.
- The visitor should submit proof of travel insurance. The traveler should make sure that the travel insurance is issued in the United Kingdom, and it should be valid throughout the Schengen area. This travel insurance should offer a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergency and repatriation.
- Please fill the Switzerland tourist visa application without any errors.
Switzerland business visa
Business visas are issued to foreign nationals who enter the country for business related activities.
Please scroll down to know about the documents that should be submitted to get a Switzerland business visa.
- The original signed passport of the applicant which has at least six months validity and two blank pages should be submitted. If the passport’s validity is less than six months, please make sure that you are renewing it before sending the application.
- It is necessary to submit two passport-sized photographs taken within the last three months. These passport-sized photographs should be taken in a white background.
- As the applicant is a foreign national residing in the United Kingdom, he or she should submit ILR card or proof of residence status.
- It is necessary to submit the full version of the itinerary sent directly from the airlines or travel agency. It should be noted that the number of entries in your Switzerland business visa will be determined by the authorities after analyzing the itinerary.
- The applicant should submit the accommodation proof, and it can be hotel room booking confirmation.
- The applicant should submit a letter from his or her employer in the United Kingdom. The employment letter should be addressed to the Switzerland High Commission, and it should assure that the traveler will rejoin the company after the trip. If you are self-employed, you can submit the copy of business license and tax returns. Retired travelers can submit proofs of retirement funds.
- In order to get a business visa, the applicant should submit an invitation letter from the host company in Switzerland. This letter should detail the nature and purpose of the trip, and it should also guarantee sufficient funds for the traveler. This invitation letter should not be older than one month, and it should be addressed to the Switzerland Consulate.
- The traveler should submit bank statements of the last three months and the final balance should be at least £600 plus. Please ensure that the statement is stamped by the issuing bank.
- A travel insurance covering the traveler’s trip throughout the Schengen area should be submitted. Please note that the minimum coverage offered for medical repatriation and emergency is €30,000.
- The Switzerland visa application form should be completed without any errors.
Switzerland student visa
Foreign nationals planning to study in Switzerland can apply for a student visa.
In order to obtain Switzerland student visa, foreign nationals should submit the below mentioned documents.
- The applicant should submit all the documents needed to obtain a tourist visa.
- An enrollment certificate from a school or college in Switzerland should be submitted. The enrollment certificate should guarantee the admission of foreign national in the educational institution in Switzerland.
- The foreign national should submit all the certificates which make him or her eligible to study in Switzerland.
- The foreign national should submit proof of sufficient funds.
Switzerland visa for spouse and family members
Spouses and family members of Switzerland citizens can apply for this visa. In order to get these visas, a foreign national should submit all documents needed to obtain a tourist visa.
Along with these documents, the foreign national should also produce the below-mentioned additional set of documents.
- It is necessary to submit documents that prove Switzerland citizenship of the host.
- If the spouse of the Switzerland national is traveling, it is necessary to submit the marriage certificate.
- Switzerland family record book should be submitted.